Sunday, September 12, 2010

Old Steno Notebooks

Still unpacking I read through my steno notebooks from the last few years. This is the good stuff:

Sometimes it feels like everyone is going crazy. They are going crazy or getting hit by cars.


I hate it when summer is ending and the fall is beginning. It's always cold as fuck in the morning and hot as hell in the afternoon.

The big windows, watching the planes slowly taxi in and out, their take-off and landing dance.

We hugged but he was wearing his backpack and I didn't get to feel the muscles of his back, that valley of his spine, the curve of his waist.

She unwrapped a Hershey's Special Dark and felt the corners soften under her saliva. She folded the gold foil wrapper into smaller and smaller triangles.

The teenagers seemed to speak a language with their eyes as they ate their chili leaning against the kitchen counter. I used to know that language, Aggie thought. I used to be fluent in that language.

When you create your world it needs to be solid--and believing in that world is like pouring concrete. It makes everything hard and immovable. My world was flimsy--a used hanky, made of tissue paper and full of holes.

I want to drink milkshakes, lots of milkshakes.

It's like trying to herd cats. It's like trying to push a snake by it's tail.

Park Blocks--3:41 pm: Girl climbs on the Abe Lincoln statue so guy can take a picture of her. Her head is by Abe's crotch. Boy says, It looks like you are blowing Abraham Lincoln.


No comments:

Post a Comment